Retreat - July 10, 11, 2017
Embrace the Mystery
Every retreat is designed with 4 things in mind:
- AWARENESS: to dive into a topic and learn something new; something important!
- EDUCATION: to grow in knowledge so your leadership is well informed - helpful rather than harmful.
- ACTION: to be inspired to respond in a meaningful way that is true to you and the community God has placed you.
- TRANSFORMATION: to be open to listen to God and how he is moving you to your next steps.
AND..we aim to have a blast while doing it!
Only 8 Spots available.
Cost is $30/person to be paid prior to the retreat.
This retreat is designed to introduce participants to contemplative spirituality.
Using ancient Christian practices, we'll experience God in a new way.
Leaders know that "being" must come before "doing" and prioritize their connection with Christ.
We'll spend our time diving into the following:
- Lectio Divina - a fresh way to hear God speak through scripture.
- Centering Prayer and Examen - ancient prayer practices lost to most Protestant Christians
- Solitude - how it changes everything (but makes you feel crazy at first!)
- Pilgrimage - what it is and how to enjoy it without traveling to the other side of the world!
- ...and there are some surprises baked in that will rock ya!
Schedule & Location
Monday, July 10
- 4:30pm - Leave from BIC Canada Office in Oakville (@The Meeting House, 2700 Bristol Circle)
- 5:00pm - Eat dinner along the way!
- 6:30 - Arrive at Crieff Hills Conference Center just south of Guelph. Get settled in!
- 7:30 - Evening program, ending with a cozy campfire
- 12:00am - Lights Out! (Everyone gets their own room & bathroom!)
Tuesday, July 11
- 8:00am - Rise & Shine Breakfast!
- 9:30am - Morning Program with breaks & snacks
- 12:00pm- Lunch
- 1:00pm - Afternoon Session with breaks & snacks
- 3:00pm - Wrap up & pack up & leave
- 4:30pm - Return to offices in Oakville