Retreat - Monday & Tuesday, June 19, 20.
The Other Side of Privilege
Every retreat is designed with 4 things in mind:
- AWARENESS: to dive into a topic and learn something new; something important!
- EDUCATION: to grow in knowledge so your leadership is well informed - helpful rather than harmful.
- ACTION: to be inspired to respond in a meaningful way that is true to you and the community God has placed you.
- TRANSFORMATION: to be open to listen to God and how he is moving you to your next steps.
AND..we aim to have a blast while doing it!
Only 8 Spots available.
Cost is $30/person to be paid prior to the retreat.
This retreat will focus on our role and responsibility as global citizens
with a Kingdom vision for being good stewards and neighbours.
Leaders must be globally minded who cultivate understanding that leads to compassion & action.
We'll spend our time diving into the following:
- The Global Rich List and just how wealthy we are.
- Our Environmental Footprint and how to curb some of our habits
- Fast Fashion and why shopping at certain stores might cause more harm than good
- Feast & Famine and how the way we consume food and water makes a big difference.
- Passport Power and the difference it makes
- ...and there are some surprises baked in that will rock ya!
Location & Schedule
Monday, June 19
- 4:30pm - Leave from BIC Canada Office in Oakville (@The Meeting House, 2700 Bristol Circle)
- 5:00pm - Eat dinner along the way!
- 6:30 - Arrive at Crieff Hills Conference Center just south of Guelph. Get settled in!
- 7:30 - Evening program, ending with a cozy campfire
- 12:00am - Lights Out! (everyone gets their own bedroom & bathroom!)
Tuesday, June 20
- 8:00am - Rise & Shine Breakfast!
- 9:30am - Morning Program with breaks & snacks
- 12:00pm- Lunch
- 1:00pm - Afternoon Session with breaks & snacks
- 3:00pm - Wrap up & pack up & leave
- 4:30pm - Return to offices in Oakville
REGISTration is SOLD OUT!
Check out our Development Days open to everyone!