FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What qualifications do I need to apply for an internship this summer?
- You must be committed to the Core Values of Be In Christ Church of Canada.
- You must be between 18 years (by May 1, 2019) and 25 years old.
- You must be a high school graduate (as of May 1, 2019).
- You must fill in every section of the application form completely.
- Preference may be given to applicants who are currently connected to a Be In Christ church.
What types of jobs are being hired for?
Every year is different, but in the past we have had interns in the following types of roles:
- office administration
- children and youth ministry
- music and worship ministry
- graphic design and videography
- project manager
- pastoral care
- creative writing
- branding and promotion
- evangelism and discipleship strategy development
- international development & advocacy coordination
We are not sure what roles our churches will be hiring for this summer, but we are hoping there's a job waiting for you!
When will I know if I get a job for the summer?
Once we receive your application, we will work to find you best-fit opportunities with churches who are looking for summer interns.
There is no guarantee that a role will be found for you, but as soon as potential opportunities come up, you will be notified by the church who is wanting to invite you into their interview process.
It's important that you keep looking for other jobs, even after you apply for the FLOW Internship!
The great news is that even if you don’t get an official role as an intern and need to find another job, you are still invited to attend the FLOW Development Days and invest in your leadership skills for only $20 per day.
How can I make my application stronger?
There are often more people looking for summer internships than actual spots available.
Use these tips to improve your chances:
- Be honest, clear, concise and accurate in your application.
- Have a good understanding of what the FLOW Internship is. Contact us with any questions that you have.
- Provide details about your proven leadership potential and your desire to grow as a Christian leader.
- Articulate your strengths and learning objectives clearly in your application.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and energy to participate in the Development Days and FLOW Retreats.
- Be prepared to find strong references from two or three reliable sources.
- Be as flexible as possible – with the placement location, your hours, and rate of wage.
- Maintain confidence as you interview.
How much will I get paid?
This is entirely determined by the church who hires you, but likely minimum wage or slightly higher.
When should I apply?
Applications will be accepted between December 1, 2018 and April 15, 2019, but the sooner you get your application in, the stronger your chances of being considered for prospective jobs.
APPLICATION OPENS DECEMBER 1